[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks.

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 23:23:21 -0600

Hi Cindy.

I downloaded it as an rtf book, so who knows what happened. I'll have to go through and fix the errors again, because after I uploaded the books I stupidly got rid of my rtf copy. It wasn't that much work, but I'll have to reread the books again just to make sure I don't miss anything. Oh well ... I guess I'll know better next time. I didn't know I'd download the originals again if the book got put back. That's okay though ... I can always renew them until I get them finished again.

MissWings

At 02:38 PM 1/9/2007, Grandma Cindy wrote:

I read your message, too, and I thought Gerald or Jake
had repsonded.

Jamie has just answered your question about changing
section breaks to page breaks and the one about why
the one you downloaded is the original and not the one
you fixed. As to your other question, in what format
wa the book originally? Did you upload your validated
copy as an rtf document? That would retain the page
breaks that Word shows you have. POssibly a doc file
would, too. But if it was a txt file and you saved
your word file as txt to upload, the page breaks would
disappear. Save your validated Word file as an rtf
document and upload it as that, and change the format
on the form from txt or kes or whatever to rtf. That
should solve the problem. Also, I suggest that in the
case of both books you write  in the comments section
what you've done so Gustavo doesn't get confused.
smile

Cindy

 Also, I'm confused on why the other book was