[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbering Question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:32:21 -0400

The two pages before the iii should be i and ii. The front cover usually does not have much information and what information it does have is redundant or superfluous. Unless it has something significant on it I would just delete it. If it does have something significant on it I think I would move it to the back of the book right before the back cover and label it [front cover] and then label the back cover as [back cover]. Note that I enclosed both phrases in brackets. The numbers you give those end pages should just continue from the last number.

On 8/27/2012 7:39 PM, Lisa Gorden-Cushman wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a question about page numbering.  I am numbering this book on
anarchism.  The introduction starts on roman numeral iii.  However, there
are three pages before the iii.  What should I number the first page?  The
person who scanned this book inserted both of the covers into the book, and
I do not know if they need numbering.

Thanks,
Lisa

"Love is my strength" Palen Majere