[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbering Question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:11:43 -0400

Well, I don't move the front cover to the back of the book because I never scan it. I leave the back cover at the back of the book because it is the last thing I do scan. I can't say that I thought of moving it to the front.

On 8/27/2012 9:04 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Hmmm, Roger, why on Earth would you move the front and back covers to the back of the book? A sighted person can see them without effort, in the case of the back cover, (the cover that gives information on what the book is about in the case of a paperback book), simply by flipping over the book, and in the case of the front cover, simply by looking at it. Someone using a Bookshare version of the book would need to navigate through all of the headers to get to the front and back cover, or go directly to the end of the book and navigate backward, or, in the case of a brf version, do a search for [front cover] or [back cover] to find them. I always put that stuff at the very beginning of the file. It seems much more logical to me, especially since a sighted reader can read them first, and is very probably not going to wait till the end of the book to read anything that gives information on what's in the book.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>