[bksvol-discuss] Ot: balancing act

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 06:19:59 -0800

Hi, I've been thinking about this list. I know it's primarily geared toward
the process of getting books into the Bookshare collection and with that
regard, questions about how to scan and proofread effectively with help
offered in case problems arise are primary topics of discussion. I like
Lissi's email and think she has a point. It's delightful when I get messages
in the getting-to-know-you category. I propose a solution for the balancing
act. I know you prefer a designation of ot for messages which don't refer to
the main topics of discussion. My idea is that we can use some other
headings for messages, for example, hp (having a problem), gc )general
conversation when people are doing a bit of chatter or making humorous
remarks), bi (book information about what is being scanned or proofread,
probably very useful to Cindy or anyone else who needs to know what to add
or delete from the books being scanned list) This is merely a suggestion and
if you are interested in this idea, maybe you can come up with other
abbreviations which would suit better. I figure that if people don't wish to
read general conversation messages, the abbreviation giving the type of
message would allow them to delete the message without reading it. Regards,
Kim Friedman.

database 4850 (20100209) __________

http://www.eset.com