[bksvol-discuss] Re: Optaconon eBay

  • From: Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:31:47 -0400

It's too bad us later blind people never got the chance to learn on them. What exactly happened to them anyways?
Julia

On 12/06/2011 10:47 PM, Larry Lumpkin wrote:
This is Larry.  The optacon was the only way to have independent access to
print for many years and it was an amazing and highly wished-for device for
many of us.  I wanted one so badly I could taste it for many years and got a
foundation grant in 1982 to receive one.  I thought I had been granted the
keys to heaven, smile.