[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Parenting

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:42:55 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, all new parents, sighted or not, feel that way.
The Red Cross had a course--it was either free or a
minimal cost, where my husband and I joined other
parent-to-be and learned how to diaper a baby, bathe,
and other stuff I don't remember at the moment (we're
talking over 38 years ago). But nothing prepares one
for the smallness of a baby, and one's feeling of
inadequacy at the very beginning, until one actually
does such things as change diapers, bathe the child,
etc. Since I had two girls, I didn't even know about
baby boys squirting until it happened to a friend who
told me her experience.

As Monica says, you'll have plenty of help and
support--and probably more advice from moms who have
been through it than you want. smile

Cindy