[bksvol-discuss] OT: Parenting

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 05:51:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've been a bookshare volunteer (I've posted here a few times) for a couple of
years, and I have an O.T. subject that is quite close to my heart, and I'm
hoping that one or two of you might be able to help myself and my husband.

I'm sighted, and my husband is blind. We are also childless and we are in the
process of trying to adopt a baby. Neither myself nor my husband has a lot of
experience with parenting or childcare. There are many resources out there for
sighted folks, but my husband hasn't had much luck finding information
regarding parenting as a blind person.

I was wondering two things....

First of all, can anyone recommend some good resources (books, mailing lists,
news groups, etc) regarding blind-parenting techniques and skills?

Secondly, would anyone here who is blind and a parent be willing to contact
myself and my husband by email, off-list, for a discussion about the techniques
and skills you use as a blind parent?

Please feel free to send responses to pascha2u@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance,

Lea & Garry