[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Learning braille

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:35:51 -0800 (PST)

And to read. I wsa a high school English teacher at
one point in my life, and my students  were part of
that generation that learned to read via whole word
recognition. They weren't able to work out new words
that they came across. I started spending a class hour
a week having them read the literature we were reading
aloud and having them work out the words phonically.

Cindy

 I think it goes back to