[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: Learning Braille

  • From: "Gail The U. S. Male" <gail1959@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:43:57 -0700

I'm dating myself, but I learned to read before that stupid whole word
reading idea came out. that was the worst piece of garbage perpetrated on
the public in a long time. Then they wonder why Johnny can't read! I'm
stopping here, since I don't want to write a novel on things I have against
the education establishment. They're "dumbing down" our kids, making it
perfectly fine to perform at the lowest levels, since we wouldn't want to
damage Susie's poor little psyche by letting her take the consequences of
her actions and failing, and Poor Susie might feel badly if she didn't do at
least as well as the other kids on her tests, so let's lower the level we
accept as passing on all tests, so she won't feel bad.