[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Computer Hell

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:52:45 -0600

Gary, if it's any help, my husband scans using a Canon LIDE 60 and a Canon LIDE 90 with our mac mini, using Fine Reader. I don't scan at all because I can't do it physically myself, but my husband has done a little bit of OCRing with these two scanners with very good results. Neither scanner was bought with OCRing in mind, so I don't know how fast they are for scanning in a lot of text. However, they have been terrific little scanners for what he's doing, and we got each one on sale brand new for under $50 each, with the OCRing software for both Mac and PC included.

Judy s.

Gary Petraccaro wrote:
That's what I'm using as a scanner. I'll check in the box and see what it came with.
Thanks.