[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need Help with Footnote Symbols

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:52:19 -0700

Ah, so that's what the daggers look like.  Thanks, Gerald.

But that still leaves the question as to what the Bookshare software will do
with the daggers.  Will it recognize them?  If not, what does it do with
symbols it doesn't recognize?  Does it put in some generic character for all
unrecognized characters, or does it just dump them as junk?  If it doesn't,
what should I put in their place?

I don't want books I've spent a lot of time on looking like blank because I
tried to make the book as close to the original as possible only to find out
later that I wasted energy putting in characters the Bookshare software
couldn't handle.

I have to put in these characters because my OpenBook didn't recognize them.
Does K1000 do any better with such stuff?