[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need Help with Footnote Symbols

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:07:49 -0500

Hi Evan,
Oh for complicated! <lol> I think this is a case where just about anything you
do will be okay. I think personally I would go with the numbered footnote
approach--I know that's not what's in the original print, but I think these are
graphical publishing devices meant to make the book work well for people, and
if Ocr software isn't conducive to enabling that outcome then you wouldn't' be
trampling authorial prerogative by finding an alternative that doesn't change
the meaning of what is being conveyed.

People will have different opinions on this, and like I said I think even just
leaving them as they are would be okay. So do whatever makes the most sense to
you as a creative logical human. <grin>
I'm still jealous of that Opticon!
Kellie