[bksvol-discuss] Re: Need Help Solving a Mystery

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:57:43 -0500

Hi evan!

The Going Rate (Matt Minogue Mystery #9)
 by
John Brady

https://www.bookshare.org/search?

Debby

At 05:37 PM 8/21/2012, Evan Reese wrote
Guys, I have a little mystery I'd like your help with. In checking on a series Lissi and I are working on, something strange is happening with one of the books. The most recent book we did in this series, The Going Rate, by John Brady, only shows up in the list of his books when I click on the link to the author's name. If I type in the title, or the author's name, or both, into the Advanced search field, the book does not show up. If I enter John Brady into the Advanced search field and go to the relevant author, all eight of the other books we did come up, (and a ninth book about interviewing which I think is by a different John Brady), but not The Going Rate, which is the most recent one we did. I'm wondering if anyone else here would care to try entering the title or author into the Advanced search field and see what happens. Also, if anyone has any idea why the book doesn't show up for me under normal searching, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I do frequent searches for myself and Lissi to determine whether something is in the collection in order to figure out what books to try to get to scan, and it disturbs me a bit to find out that just typing in a title does not necessarily bring up the book even if it is in the collection, or entering an author does not necessarily bring up all of their books that are in the collection. I've made sure my settings bring up books of all qualities, and besides, this book was just recently approved and is in excellent condition, having been proofread by the very best proofreader around. I'm biased, I admit. <smile>

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what other people find. If others of you get the same results, then I think someone at Bookshare needs to look into the matter. Thanks much.

Evan

                                --
                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.