[bksvol-discuss] Re: My book requests to the Wish List.

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:31:16 -0800

Tomoko,

Bookshare scanners do not proofread their own books. This is a practice
that improves accuracy.

To speed up the process of getting a scanned book into other collection
many volunteers put in a lot of time cleaning up the scan. Then volunteers
might run a mini marketing post on this list giving a summary of the book
and requesting a proofer. It would be counterproductive to to be the
submitter and then proof as your book would be rejected for further
proofreading.

Scott Rains
Bookshare