[bksvol-discuss] Re: Monica's books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 05:19:43 -0400

Thank you for the kind words.

A History of Private Life had a long sojourn in step 1 and 2 land. I had to manually add every single page break. I also had to put together the sentences broken up by captioned things. Huge task. Cool book though. I will never think of the Romans the same way again. I hear there is a volume two of the history of private life though I forget what it covers. Sounded interesting when I read a review of it though.

I know little about scanning really. I almost exclusively validate. I do know that k1000 has been updated more recently than OB and that it has some nifty tools for fixing up books. I also like the k1000 feature of optimize scans where it scans a practice page and sets things up in the best possible manner. I know people sometimes hand tweak those settings but the tool itself is wonderful.

Scanned submissions improved dramatically in my opinion when version 8 with optimize came out.

E.

At 03:18 AM 6/12/2006, you wrote:

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your validation help and your willingness to help me learn how to get better scans. Your dedication makes Bookshare a better place, and I think I sometimes forget to tell you that. (smile) By the way,you did work on A History Of Private Life, didn't you? I've been slowly reading that book and see that it must not have been easy to validate. You did a good job with it.