[bksvol-discuss] Re: Monica's books

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:20:06 -0400

Hi, Elizabeth. I'll only rescan You Can Feel Good Again if you think it needs to be. I will take your suggestion about checking the pages out before I scan. I think it's maybe a bad idea to leave Openbook on auto for its contrast settings when I scan. When I scan a couple of tesst pages, things seem to be ok. When I finish a whole book, it seems like Openbook has changed how it's recognizing the print of a page. I'm going to tinker with its settings and see if I can find some better default settings to start from.

As for House, I guess someone must have taken it because I made sure I got the thank you page after uploading it. I'm sorry to have created extra work for you today.

At Monday 6/12/2006 12:00 AM, you wrote:
But you already scanned You Can Feel Good Again. You are not going to change the scanning setting and re-scan are you? I suggest in future you scan a few pages and check settings before doing the whole book.
I did not find House on the stp 1 page. Perhaps someone took it.

E.

At 11:41 PM 6/11/2006, you wrote:

Yes, House is the book that I was asking for help with. I have the print copy of the book and can rescan pages of it if necessary. Openbook doesn't seem to have a facility to tell me if my text is at a certain percentage of correct words like K1000 does. Since I won't have time for page by page reading for awhile, I don't know if the scan is suitable for approval without some feedback on it.

As for You Can Feel Good Again, I'll see what I can do with Openbook's settings. It uses contrast settings instead of brightness, and it doesn't seem to work very well in terms of improving scan quality with my scanner. I'll see if the custom settings area might do the trick.

At Sunday 6/11/2006 11:23 PM, you wrote:
So you want me to validate House?
I already took You can Feel Good Again adn sent you a message about it and settings in scanning software.

All the best,

E.