[bksvol-discuss] Re: Admin queue down to 19 books as of 11:51p.m. PDT, Friday June 9

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

Ah, I shall put back the ones I deleted, then.

I know the lists I revise after Marissa's List is
published is not totall correct, because the
information only comes from what people post on the
list that they've uploaded or submitted, and of course
there are a lot of volunteers not on the list who are
doing the same thing. But if you can keep publishing
Marissa's every two weeks, at least, I won't have to
publish one. That helps avoid duplicate work.

Posting the books added to the collection, based on
your list, gives those who live in earlier time zones,
who don't take the trouble to go to your lists, and
who are anxiousto get the information about new books
sooner rather than later, information sooner than
they'd get otherwise. For some reason I don't
understand, you get the info before the New Books List
does. Since I gather you get it electronically and
automatically somehow, I don't see why it doesn't get
to the New Books list the same way. When that finally
occurs, I won't have to post any lists. smile.

Of course, you might say that such people shouldn't be
pampered--they should learn to go to your lists or
wait. I have no answer to that. smile