[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mixed case font

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 12:09:20 -0500

Well, I never asked for any formal guidance on this, but I always fix that
stuff. My own speech mangles those mixed case words. It spells out the
capitalized parts and tries to pronounce the uncapitalized parts as words,
which it can't, of course, since they aren't full words.  And they look
terrible in braille as well because the first capital letter of a word has a
dot in front of it, and multiple capitalized letters have two dots in front of
them, then there's a dot in front of the noncapitalized letter or letters to
indicate that the capitalized letters have ended. So what you get is a mess. I
just put the first letter in upper case and the rest in lower case.

Evan