[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mixed case font

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:42:09 -0600

I'd argue that the spelling errors and awkward sentences aren't the same.
Those are matters of substance in the actual written text.  The mixed
capitalization is a visual cue that doesn't translate for the blind
members. So what's the point of saying we're making books accessible when
doing that makes the text inaccessible because of funky formatting?

Frankly, it feels like we as volunteers are being told one thing, then
another, then a third based on a case by case basis, on how to handle these
issues, and then it goes to yet another or back to the first way. This is a
good example of it.  My frustration level is maxed out.

Judy s.