[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mayrie's messages

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:32:29 -0800

Hi, Sue, I don't know what screen reader you have, but if you have Jaws,
there is a way to get rid of 7 or 8 dot Braille. If you can get into the
Braille settings (I generally hit f2 and choose Braille options. You go
through what is said, and when you find Braille Marking options, make
sure you read them. What you might want to do is turn off underlining
and that will get rid of 7 and 8 dot Braille except you will keep that
flashing on the place where your cursor is. Don't know if that helps you
out, but I had to do this when I opened Internet Explorer and for
regular stuff. After you have it the way you want it, then you either go
to apply and press enter there and go back to okay and hit your
spacebar, or just go to okay. (Forget which is correct which is why what
I'm writing sounds very provisional depending on what you get.) Please
let me know if this solves your problem. If I've just muddied the
understanding, I apologize in advance should you experience any
frustration. Regards, Kim Friedman. P.S.: I find it very difficult to
read 7 and 8 dot Braille, and having that underline under every symbol
of Braille made it impossible for me to read. K.