[bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for Anastasia S

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:36:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Mayrie!

Are you serious?  I have K3000, but have never scanned from in it since I owned
ABBYY FineReader Pro first and was already using it.  I thought K3000 used
ABBYY
and OmniPage engines like K1000.  So does that mean any book she has will not
have paragraphs?  How crazy is that for literacy tool?  Would the original KESI
file have the breaks and if so, is there a way to retain them before conversion?

So now the dilemma; do I insert the paragraph breaks since I am sighted and
can?
 Ugh!  It is missing a few page breaks, too, but not too many from what I can
tell.

Not the news I wanted the day after Christmas, but at least an answer...
 Valerie

Keep up with Nichole's recovery: