[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to Read Downloaded Bookshare Books

  • From: "Jackie M." <xercon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:05:03 -0700

Hi again,

I installed VictorSoft, but made the mistake of not choosing the Microsoft
SAPI speech engine.  I did not choose it because when I had downloaded the
unpack tool, there was with it a JAWS config file for VRSoft that I thought
might be usable, and I would rather use Eloquence and JAWS, if possible.  So
I tried the VRSoft configurations that came with JAWS 5.0 first, and there
was a script error of some type, so they wouldn't work.  Then I tried
replacing them with the configuration files provided by Bookshare; same
problem, the same script error.  So I ran a repair on my JAWS 5.844
software, and uninstalled VictorSoft.  Tomorrow, I will try it again, this
time using the Microsoft SAPI speech engine.  It would sure be nice if
things would work right the first time.  . . .

- Jackie McCraw