[bksvol-discuss] How to Read Downloaded Bookshare Books

  • From: "Jackie M." <xercon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:27:22 -0700

Hi, all,

I know I'm really slow sometimes, but I haven't figured out how to read Daisy
Bookshare books using VictorSoft.  When I unpacked a book, there were five
files.  Which one do I open to read?  And which software do I use?  I have read
.brf files because I use the NFB braille translator to change them to text,
then I read them with Word or Notepad, and JAWS.  But how do you read the Daisy
books, exactly?  I've tried the Bookshare help files numerous times, and that
question has never been answered for me through those help files.  So enlighten
me, since I am apparently slow to catch on.

- Jackie McCraw
 and