[bksvol-discuss] Got my first book to validate and some questions: Volunteers: how much work is realistic

  • From: "shannon" <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:07:26 -0500

Good morning list,

I have grabbed my first book to validate and I have just begun to read it.
I have already noticed that page numbers are off. They jump from 1 to 8 and
I can't tell if they should be at the bottom or top of the page.  The
beginning of the story starts with the number 1 at the top  and the others
are on the bottom of the page. I have opened this file with word 2000 and as
it was originally a large print book  in 16pt I changed the font size hoping
that it would help me figure out where the pages are supposed to be but that
didn't help.
This is not a book where page numbers are particularly important. They are
simply for reference. What should I do?
Another question is How do I make sure of the important numbers of the copy
rite and the ISBN numbers? Is there a place I could look this book up and
double check that the scanner didn't turn an eight into a zero? I know
things like that can happen.
Any help is appreciated.
Shannon
----- Origi