[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Page numbering

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:46:15 -0500

I'll bet that's because the scanner number follows that line of dashes, and,
if you included the title page and whatever else is in the Roman numerals,
which that first stuff usually is, that would make the print page number
less than the scanner number because the scanner counts each page, whereas
the Arabic numbers don't start on the first page..  The line of dashes is
there because it is a page break.  The first number is just actually scanned
from the page of the book.

I hope that makes sense.  It did while I was writing it, but on reading it,
I'm not sure.  I need to go to bed!

Kathy