[bksvol-discuss] Re: Feeling like a fool!

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 23:02:58 -0500

Lissi, I agree with you about the publisher quality books. My biggest issue
is the lack of page navigation. I also find that many checklists, tables,
and charts are left out completely since publishers have them as image
files. That doesn't help us at all since the text of the tables isn't
available. I know of two books that are totally useless because the
identification charts and exercises are not present.

Still, for all of that, I like having access to new books as they come out
without needing to scan or proofread them. For fiction, I'm very happy with
that arrangement since I read the book straight through anyway. (smile)
Maybe one day Bookshare will find a way to put page breaks in our publisher
quality books too.

Monica Willyard