[bksvol-discuss] Re: Duplicates on Checkout List

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:21:42 -0500

Hi Lori,
Thanks for letting me know. I see you also have Risky Reunion from this line. Does Linda usually do this line? This line was included in a bunch of books I sent to Larry to scan. I will go ahead and reject End Game, and Troubled Waters. I have Risky Reunion ready to submit, but Carrie asked me not to submit it until June 8, as that is the official release date for these books. The other book from this line for June is Sabotage. I didn't see it anywhere, other than the one Larry scanned for me. I haven't started on it, so if Linda and you usually work on this series, I'll let it go as well. No hard feelings. It is unfortunate that Bookshare hasn't developed a system to eliminate duplications. This is the major thing I addressed in the recent survey. smile

Melissa Smith

On 6/5/2010 5:00 PM, Lori Castner wrote:
Dear Melissa,
I was just looking through the checkout list and I noticed two books with holds for you Troubled Waters by Rachelle Macalla and End Game by Roxanne Rustond. Linda Ragland has previously scanned those two books and they were on the checkout list with holds for me. In fact, I just finished proofreading End Game yesterday and it is now in the collection. I have Troubled Waters on my computer and have begun to proofread it from Linda's submission. There are problems with the scan, but I do not wish to contact her right now as her mother just died within the past week. But I do want you to know about the duplicate submissions. Larry submitted End Game with the hold for you I believe. Sorry for the duplications! I'm not sure if Linda is on this list, and as I seldom scan I don't check that list very often.
Lori C.