[bksvol-discuss] Re: Different fonts in a book

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 23:42:52 -0500

Yes bookshare has thought about this possibility. Remember rtf is open source. Anybody can download and read it. Daisy is not. The agreement with publishers and the copyright exemptions under which bookshare operates requires such blocking of access if you follow me.

Also, folks can change the size of font in daisy. That is not the problem as I explained before. The trouble is the conversion process to daisy currently used which strips off things from the submitted rtf file.

E.

At 11:22 PM 11/16/2006, you wrote:
Instead of converting to Daisy, why not keep it in .rtf. In this way, the fonts could be kept for people who read large print. Other, people can convert .rtf to anything. Has Bookshare thought about this possibility?

Barbara