[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cypress Point Upload

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 03:10:22 -0500

Dilsia,

My problem is that I do not know how much to post.  You see, I had jumped
from a big desktop with Windows 98se, a dial-up connection, and Jaws 4.5 to
a Dell Notebook (laptop) with Windows XP, a broadband connection, and Jaws
7.0 professional.  So Pratik divided his instructions into parts, knowing
that part of the problem was that I am new at Windows XP, and it behaves in
a different way when compared to Windows 98se.  So the settings might be
different for people with different equipment or programs.

The instructions are definitely fantastic.  It was like having an instructor
go through every step from the ground up, so to speak.

I will tell you this much about uploading.  When I got to the path field and
selected the browse function, I got this prompt, which I assume everyone
gets, asking for the name of the file to upload.  I was starting from the
beginning of the tabs, where it says, "look in" and choosing something from
every tab group.  Well, he told me to do a shift-tab twice, which took me to
the list where you can select "my documents" and press enter.  Then on the
next tab you can choose your folder, assuming "my documents" is where you
stored it.  I had 5 folders in there, and you use the up or down arrow keys
to select the one where the file is stored, which, in my case, was
"bookshare".  He said to press enter so I would be inside that folder, and
"cypress.rtf" was the only file in it.  Otherwise you would use the arrow
keys to get the cursor on the right file, or hit the first letter of the
filename.  Then press spacebar to select that file.  After that, Iwas to do
nothing else, just accept the book.  I saw the path which Julie had
described but which I was never able to see.

If that makes sense I am glad, but I am neither a tech expert nor a
writer/instructor.  <smile>

The rest involves how to create a new folder, how to move the book to the
folder, and changing some settings in "folder options" in the tools menu.  I
am sure it could all be put on Jake's site in different parts, but since I
did not create and organize the instructions I would not feel free to post
them.  I would not presume to post something someone else designed,
organized and wrote.  <smile>

Please understand that it is not that I want to be unhelpful, but rather
that I do not want to be presumptuous.  <smile>

Regards,
Sue S.