[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cypress Point

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:00:08 -0500

Cindy,

Resubmitting a book that you were working on, let expire, and was downloaded
by someone else for validation only adds a duplicate copy into the system
which Gustavo will have to take time out to straighten out when he could be
working on approving other books.  While it's unfortunate that the book Sue
was working on expired due to her having problems with her computer, this
isn't really any different than someone cleaning up the book then forgetting
to upload it before it expires and someone grabbing it off Step 1, or
someone scanning a book to find out that someone else had already scanned
it, and it was out for validation when they began scanning and had no way of
knowing because the book didn't show up on Marissa's List.  Unfortunately,
that's a problem that we all have to deal with every now and then.

If you want an example of the problems adding a duplicate like this can
cause, then take a look at the approval queue for Love Greg and Lauren.
those books have been in the queue forever because it's easier for Gustavo
to process straight forward approvals than it is to figure out what happened
and straighten it out.  When he does get around to tackling duplicates like
this, it's most likely that he would send the one with the note you
suggested back to Step 1 gfor rejection since it would be easier for him to
approve the original copy.

Gerald