[bksvol-discuss] Re: Comments about "strong language" or "violence".

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:22:00 -0400

Aside from the fact that it is nearly impossible to predict what some prude is going to consider strong language, that is probably the best way to do it. I have a hard time understanding why someone would have such a strong aversion to descriptions of sex, but if they do then it is their business. A simple statement that a book contains descriptions of sex is enough to help them to decide not to read it. That is just informational and I am all for the dissemination of information. The problem is when someone decides for other people what they may read and what they may not read. That is plain censorship and it is despicable.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the world"
Virginia Woolf

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: