[bksvol-discuss] Comments about "strong language" or "violence".

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:03:04 -0500

Hi!

One way to note a book's content is to use language such as "contains strong
language" or "contains violence". I've done that when writing a synopsis for
books that consistently use the "f" word, for example.

NLS will designate a book in a similar fashion. Personally, I find that
helpful. Because a book contains some profanity won't make it adult--but if
the person submitting or proofreading it includes a comment as to "contains
some strong language" the reader can more easily choose whether or not to
read the book. *smile*

I also realize that some determinations are purely subjective.

Blessings.

Lynnsky