[bksvol-discuss] Re: Braille Note questions.

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:58:44 -0500

Hi Jana.

The lady does have the care adapter for it, which she's going to send to me along with the Braille Note. I found a getting started audio file up on Humanware's Web site done by Jonathan Mosen, which does a pretty good job of explaining some of the basics. The lady says if I have any questions I can call her even after the Braille Note gets here, which I think is nice. Hopefully the manual will explain about that adapter though, and I can find the compact flash cards for a decent price somewhere.

MissWings

At 03:27 PM 8/23/2007, Jana Jackson wrote:

Hi, Miss Wings! First of all, as long as it's working well, I think you will love your new Braille Note. You'll need an adapter to use the compact flash cards, though, if it's one of the really old models.

One thing that I don't believe anyone has mentioned to you is that the Braille Notes have an excellent help system. You can press the H chord, Space with H, from any program or file, and it will bring up the relevant help menu for a particular program. Pressing Enter on a particular item will bring up the topic. The manual is included on the unit as well. Also, the Braille Note is very menu-driven, so once you get started, it's easy to find your way around. Of course, there are all kinds of shortcuts to do things as well. <Smile>

Calling HumanWare is a great idea, but if I were you, I'd wait until the unit is in your hands. You may want to ask the lady if she happens to have the command summary that came with it, maybe the tapes for getting started as well. I sure do hope it works out well for you! <Smile> Take care!

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "MissWings" <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>