[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookmarking

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:18:20 EDT

Sounds like a good idea, but it also sounds like another exhausting and
frustrating expedition into learning, that is, learning how to use the word
processing software. I am currently using wordpad. In a message dated 7/20/2008

10:04:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,  Roger.

Congrats on all your progress with the computer, that's really very  good.

Regarding leaving a bookmark, I'm sure there's probably a "computer" way  of
doing it,
but I just do it like this.  When I've been working and I decide I'm  done, I
type three
ampersands, like this: &&&.  You can use percentage  signs, your own name,
anything
that is unlikely to actually show up in the book.  Then I save my  document
and close down
the word processing software.

When I'm ready to start again, I open up the document I want to work on,  and
"Search"
for &&& and it goes directly to where I was -- mid-sentence,  at the start of
a paragraph or
page, just wherever I was when I typed them before I saved the  document.

Can you try that?

Hugs,
Marilyn

On Jul 20, 2008, at 12:46 PM, _Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx)  wrote:

First, let me tell you about some progress I have made in ameliorating  my
technological illiteracy. As I mentioned earlier everything I know about  using
a computer I have learned by sitting down at the keyboard and teaching
myself. Okay, there has been a little on line help like I received here. As  I
also
mentioned earlier, before I tried out Bookshare.org I had never  downloaded or
uploaded a document. The only downloads I had ever done were  some software
and some software updates. Well, I have for some time now been  reading some
Project Gutenberg books on line because I had no idea how to  download them.
However, now that I have learned how to download Bookshare  books I wondered if
my newfound knowledge would help me at Project  Gutenberg. Well, I just went
there and downloaded a book. It was  surprisingly easy and I felt like I should
have been doing that a long  time ago.

Now I have a question. After having had some trouble submitting the  first
book I validated I am now working on another one. I , of course,  cannot finish
the whole thing in one sitting, but every time I go to my  documents on my
computer and open the book I find myself at the beginning. I  have been coping
by
noting the page I am on when I quit and arrowing up  until I get to the
beginning and then type in the number of the page I left  off on. That number
will,
of course, be deleted before I submit it. The  problem is that when I open up
the book again and am reminded of the page  number it is a bit time consuming
to find it again. I just arrow down until  I come across it by stopping and
checking now and then and, Of course,  arrowing up again if I overshoot. Do you
guys have any suggestions about how  to more efficiently mark one's place?

 Get fantasy football with free live scoring. _Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy
Football  today_
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020) .

=

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.