[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bookmarking

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:09:00 EDT

I do have Microsoft Word and that one is the one I was worried about
learning how to use, but Word Pad seems to be retaining the page breaks just
fine so
far. In a message dated 7/20/2008 3:04:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Roger,

Uh, you have a problem.  Wordpad isn't recommended to be  used for validating
Bookshare books.  It has problems either  displaying or retaining page
breaks. I'd recommend using Microsoft Word, or  Kurzweil 1000.  If you have
access to either of those applications,  I'd be happy, as I'm sure others
will to help you use the "find" dialogue  which is used to search for text,
which was, after all, the subject of your  message.

Congratulations on your determination!And I do recommend  taking a look at
the Volunteer Manual on the Bookshare site.  It  really has some helpful
information for validators in it.

Mayrie