[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book sites, was RE: Re: Amazon's website

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:33:45 -0800

Hi Jamie!

Here is what I found about a particular book listed on ebay. I'm going to go check my library in a minute. It appears that the woman's name might be Mary Leveau. I'll let you judge. Here is part of the listing that I found.

Voodoo Queen

 Item Specifics - Nonfiction Books

Martha Ward
Category:

Biography & Memoir
Publisher:

Univ Pr of Mississippi

ISBN-10:

1578066298

ISBN-13:

9781578066292
Condition:

Used
Format:

Hardcover
Publication Year:

2004

--

Additional Information about Voodoo Queen
Portions of this page Copyright 1995 - 2007 Muze Inc.  All rights reserved.

Size
Length:
224 pages
Height:
9.3 in.
Width:
6.3 in.
Thickness:
0.8 in.
Weight:
21.6 oz.

Publisher's Note
An evocative dual portrait explores the lives of the Marie Laveaus, mother and daughter of the same name who became leaders of indigenous American religious
and spiritual traditions in nineteenth-century Creole New Orleans.

I hope this helps some.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 04:04 PM 12/11/2007, you wrote:
Maybe it would be better to let the savvy searchers here find some book titles. This was the request, and I have tried searching for Marie Leveaux and I can't find any books about her. It's not a subject with which I am familiar. I tried Amazon but I don't really know what I'm looking for, so I suggested she try the accesible site at Amazon.

But if anyone can find titles, that would be really appreciated. Here is the request:

Hey, when someone gets a chance I would love a good book, or 2, about Voodoo and also one on Marie Leveaux (also sprlled Leveau and she's called the voodoo queen). Voodun, thre african r;elgion it stems from would be a second choice, but I know there are good factual books out there on Voodoo, but bookshare doesn't hve any. No ruish, just a request. Thsanks!

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Snipped in the Bud by Kate Collins
I'm an eBay affiliate! Please click my link before you bid: <http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-3/1?aid=5902068&pid=1683725&sid=Email121007>Find hard to find items on eBay!