[bksvol-discuss] Books on Voodoo

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:56:02 -0500

I did a search of Paperbackswap where I have a bunch of book credits and
found this one which I've already ordered:

? Voodoo in New Orleans (Pelican Pouch Series) -
Robert Tallant
ISBN-13: 9780882893327
ISBN-10: 0882893327
Publisher:
Pelican Publishing Company
Publication Date: 1983-11
Pages: 320
Book Type: Paperback
Witch? Sorceress? Daughter of Satan? Murderer? Thief? Saint? Which label
best fits Marie Laveau? Queen of the voodoos, she is considered to have been
the most important voodooienne ever to have reigned on this continent.
Robert Tallant, well known for his fine stories of the South, including
Voodoo in New Orleans and Gumbo Ya-Ya, attempted to make use of all
available facts and information in re-creating the life of this infamous
woman. Marie Laveau, the last and most storied American sorceress, continues
to weave her spell as those who read this fascinating portrait will
discover.

Also available is the book already suggested, though it is a novel:
Voodoo Dreams : A Novel of Marie Laveau
by
Jewell Parker Rhodes

Let me know if I should order this one, too.

This one that Mary found is not available, but I put it on my wish list
which means I'll be alerted should it become available.  I don't know when
that might be.
Voodoo Queen
Martha Ward

I'm glad to look for any specific titles or authors your friend might be
interested in, as the whole purpose of trading my books on Paperbackswap.com
is to get interesting stuff to read and to add to BookShare.

Donna