[bksvol-discuss] Re: Book request

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 07:56:31 -0400

Hi all,

Ray, did you fill out a book request form? You're supposed to do that, and tell them that it's for your job. Bookshare may scan the book in house if it's needed for your job.

I went looking for the Book Request Form, and I couldn't find it. Sorry! This new web site definitely has some drawbacks. Can anybody help me to help this guy? Where is the book request form?

Who told you to contact us? Oh, I am not disappointed that you would do that, I'm only saying that whomever it was should have pointed you to the Book Request Form. However, if that form isn't readily visible, it's no wonder you got shunmted here.

We have some excellent volunteers who, I'm sure, would be happy to both scan and proof your book. I suspect, though, that it may be one of those text books with side-bars and footnotes and what all. I'm not good at proofing that sort of book. Don't lose hope! There are lots of folks on this list, and somebody will be able to scan and proof for you. C'mon folks, this guy needs this book for his job! With a 70% unemployment rate among blind and visually impaired job seekers, plus the havoc wrought by the pandemic, if he's got a job, he's gotta keep it! If this book is the key, then we need to scramble. let's see if we can help him out.

Ann P.