[bksvol-discuss] Re: Attempting a b s o copy

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 05:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Laura, I was just like you when I first started volunteering for Bookshare.
I read the directions from John Glass and thought wow ok that is easy. Then I
joined this list and I was overwhelmed and kind of afraid to even try.

  But actually, all of the things that people on this list "expect" are for
very good reasons and it's really not that much work to do the extra steps in
protecting page numbers and chapter headings and such.

  Please don't be afraid to jump in and try. And ask lots of questions. I see
that now to add a book to the wishlist you have to join this list, so I expect
there are going to be LOTS of new members to this list in the upcoming weeks.
Even if the question has been asked before, in my opinion, if it's a question a
new person has, there are probably many people with that question or people who
don't even know to ask that question, and it should be answered again. I know
some people like to give the answer "Check Jake's site" so if you don't get the
answer you're looking for, keep asking. Someone will answer you.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently reading: Dying to Get Published - Judy Fitzwater

Find great deals on books at Half.com.