[bksvol-discuss] Any tips for scanning pages with photo images?

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:56:23 -0600

Any tips for scanning pages with photo images?

When I scan pages that have photo images, I get lots and lots of H^^ J^^ and
so on like that.  The text will be in the middle of sentences and or off to
itself, depending.   So that means lots of editing, if indeed I decide it is
worth continuing.  I try to scan a lot of CD booklets and things with small
distances between margins, and of course these are problematic, too.

I have been meaning to ask to see if anyone has a particular technique or
setting adjustment that they have used to improve the scanning.

I imagine a certain amount is unavoidable. But whatever there might be to
reduce it, well, I figure it can't hurt to ask, right?

I'm using OpenBook 7.02.

Thanks.
Rik