[bksvol-discuss] Re: Any tips for scanning pages with photo images?

  • From: "Kaitlyn" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:27:13 -0700

Hi Rik,

I have found in general that Scansoft cleans up the pictures a little
better. Another thing I have found is the words can often be a part of the
picture so they will get recognized when the picture is scanned.

Now on the other side of things Finereader does keep things in a little
better order than Scansoft does.

I have only worked with Kurzweil so I am not sure which OCR software comes
with Openbook.

Katie Hill
Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        You, who are thirsty, come hither: if, by chance, the fountain
fails,

        The goddess has, by degrees, prepared the everlasting waters.

translation by fulcanelli of an inscription on the

statue of maitre plerre, which stood on the parvis of

Notre-Dame-de-Paris until its removal in 1748