[bksvol-discuss] A Crash of Rhinos, A Party of Jays

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:00:51 -0800 (PST)

I have just submitted A Crash of Rhinos, A Party of Jays: The Wacky Ways We
Name Animal Groups, by Diane Swanson.

  This is a very short children's book which would be a perfect choice if you
have never validated before. It does not have page numbers and I did describe
the pictures.

  If there is someone out there thinking about giving validating a try, this is
a good one with which to get your feet wet. It won't take you long and I don't
think there are any corrections needed.

  This is the description from the back cover:

  They say that birds of a feather flock together. But who would guess that
many pheasants make up a bouquet, that bears in a group are called a sleuth, or
a gathering of giraffes is a tower? Both funny and fascinating, A Crash of
Rhinos, A Party of Jays explores 11 animals and the curious collective nouns
that describe them.
  With playful profiles of the animals, humorous illustrations to interpret the
literal connection to the group name, and excellent full-color photography,
something amazing about the true nature of each animal is revealed.
  A Crash of Rhinos, A Party of Jays will engage young animal enthusiasts and
inspire budding language lovers.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist's Wife by Irene
Spencer
With Skype you can make free calls over the Internet. Skype ? the whole world
can talk for free