[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 questions for the gang

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:42:37 -0600

Any time I see a steeple hill or a heart song in the front I am comforted to know they will be OK for me. Lately I have proofed other types of books and even romances as well, I think of it as a help for folks and think of it as the overall picture in providing for the bigger picture our wonderful bookshare. I have to be honest, I don't particularly like everything I have proofed and yes as dorky as it will sound to some, have felt some guilt for them, but then I think of hey it helps get them up there for those who joy in those types of books, because not everybody is as picky as I am LOL. And when the choice of scanning is taken away through health reasons you deal the hands you are given and be glad about it. I enjoy proofing it seems to be more my line I seem not to mess up as bad on that as when I tried to scan, but I have to qualify that in that, I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar, and I know very little, so have to do what I can do comfortably so that too, limits me in the books I can, and cannot do. When I first came to volunteering I was so excited, in that, I thought I'm gonna help out, I can put books up that I just love love, well as you know that did not happen for me, so I have to move on and do what I can, and when I can to help yall out. And I am blessed that when I read then, I can truly exercise my real choices and truly read things I enjoy and that tempers the things that I might not like so well to do, and each causes me to grow and for me that is a good thing. Some would say, I am my own worst enemy by being so narrow it's OK, I make it and help and try to go beyond myself and those are the main things for me. I'll be quiet now, have a marvelous day happy proofing and scanning and reading to all.

tight hugs to all,
Gwen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>