[bksvol-discuss] two questions for the gang

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:34:54 -0600

Hi, the books by Cynthia Voigt about a girl named Dicey and her brothers and
sister that starts out with homecoming doesn't have series numbers or anything
on them.  I read homecoming and Dicey's song and thought that was all there was
about that family.  It wasn't until searching around on the bookshare site
and/or looking at the new books that I learned there were four others.  I don't
want to read them out of order, but because of how they're written, I may
inevitably do that.  I know there's sons from afar, the runner, seventeen
against the dealer, and come a stranger but I'm not sure in what chronological
order they are.  This info would be helpful on bookshare if it can be found.

As far as romances, religious would be my first choice, but I also like
gothic--Victoria Holt and Philippa Carr; historical, teen, harlequins--not sure
about silhouettes as I've not ever read any of them, and regency and suspense
and intrigue and mystery and medical.  Contemporary would be all right, too.  I
wouldn't mind western romances either like more of the Dana Fuller Ross books
and westerns like that.  I also agree that the person should scan her
preferrences, but I'm glad she asked what we liked.  I noticed right away that
bookshare has a huge plethora of different styles of romances and I like that
since there are so many who are interested in different styles of romances.
Hope this helps and have a blessed day.