[birdky] Re: GPS receiver

  • From: Leggett380@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:35:47 EDT

I have the Garmin Vista which has a memory that allows a topo map to be down
loaded into it.  It let you mark waypoints and will track your movements when
in the tracking mode and the results can be downloaded into your  computer
and printed out.

I have used this gps to map the Kentucky Bend.  It is so accurate that it
allows me to correct the errors in the topo maps showing the exact location
of the Miss River bank.  I have used it in conjunction with Photoshop to draw
very detailed maps.

The cost with Mapsource (the Garmin map program) is about $400.00.

Ken Leggett
Dyersburg, TN 38024