[birdky] Re: GPS receiver

  • From: "George Crabtree" <gc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:33:40 -0400

@logantele.com

Ken,

I have a Magellan Companion GPS that connects to my Palm Vx. It is about as
basic as there is but if you own a Palm V or Palm Vx it will do the job
within certain limitations. Primarily, it doesn't do well under a heavy
canopy of trees but that may be true of all GPS receivers.

For answers to most, if not all of your GPS questions, try the following
website that has more information about GPS than anyone is ever likely to
need:

http://joe.mehaffey.com/

George Crabtree
gc@xxxxxxxx