[birdky] Backyard birds

  • From: Lana Hays <lhays2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KY Birdlist Birdlist <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:12:59 -0400

I've just not felt well during a dismal winter and busy school schedule. Thus I didn't get out to bird much. Over the weekend I finally got my first Red-breasted Nuthatch. At first he ate like there was no tomorrow. He's still here.....and he's now caching most of the nuts in many different trees. Does this mean that he plans on staying? Then tonight 2 Red-headed Woodpeckers arrived.......hopefully they'll nest and others will come. Three years ago, I started feeding one wet and hungry Red-headed woodie. Last fall I had 7 before they left. Things are looking up.....and there's only 21 more days of school....not that I'm counting.

Walton, KY
Lana Hays
www.lanahays.com