[baisl] Re: Request: High School Summer Reading Lists

  • From: Cathy Rettberg <crettberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:45:28 -0700

We haven't posted our summer '15 lists yet. Here are summer '14 lists:

Middle School summer reading
<https://www.menloschool.org/live/files/716-14summerbklistmsfinal1pdf>
Upper School summer reading
<https://www.menloschool.org/live/files/711-14summerbklistusfinalpdf>

Cathy

---------
Cathy Rettberg, Head Librarian
Menlo School
Atherton, CA
http://library.menloschool.org

What I'm reading:
*Everything I Never Told You*/Ng

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Thomas, Brian <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi BAISLers,

Our English Department is meeting at the end of the week to go over
suggestions for summer reading and the Department Chair asked me to ask
about the summer reading lists from other high schools. If you don’t mind
sharing will you post or send me a list of your high school summer reading
lists even if they are last year’s?

This was the Saint Mary’s summer reading list for the ’14-’15 academic
year:

All students read:
Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah

Frosh:
On That Day Everybody Ate by Margaret Trost
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Soph:
When Plague Strikes: The Black Death, Smallpox, AIDS by James Cross Giblin

Junior:
The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Seniors chose a book related to their Senior Project
And Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell