[baisl] Re: Request: High School Summer Reading Lists

  • From: "Lemon, Katy" <klemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:27:40 -0700

Ours are:
Ninth Grade: *The Secret Life of Bees*
Tenth Grade: *The Samuri's Garden*
Eleventh and Twelfth Grades: Choice between *Rebecca, Looking for Alaska *and
*The Namesake*

Katy Lemon

Librarian
klemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Presentation High School
2281 Plummer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
408-264-1664 ex. 2433

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Jo Melinson <jmelinson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All of Sacramento Country Day School's summer reading 2014 for grades 6-12
can be found on our website at
https://saccdslibrary.wordpress.com/summer-reading/. I can't remember if
we can post links to the listserv so if this doesn't work, try typing in
matthews dot saccds dot org and clicking on "summer reading" on the menu
bar.

Jo

On Apr 13, 2015, at 4:23 PM, Thomas, Brian <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi BAISLers,

Our English Department is meeting at the end of the week to go over
suggestions for summer reading and the Department Chair asked me to ask
about the summer reading lists from other high schools. If you don’t mind
sharing will you post or send me a list of your high school summer reading
lists even if they are last year’s?

This was the Saint Mary’s summer reading list for the ’14-’15 academic
year:

All students read:
Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah

Frosh:
On That Day Everybody Ate by Margaret Trost
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Soph:
When Plague Strikes: The Black Death, Smallpox, AIDS by James Cross Giblin

Junior:
The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Seniors chose a book related to their Senior Project
And Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell