Badges - Re: Gov. Christie close to deal on ending public employee payouts for unused sick days

  • From: "HMellon" <hmellon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 02:23:16 -0400

I gather you arent in Wisconsin or Ohio where the CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS
are sticking the shaft up public employee's butts?     Its not liberal v.
conservative, its rich v. poor.

The last election brought both houses of the Ohio legislature under
Republican control and we also elected a Republican governor.   Just about
their first order of business was to enact legislation which:

1.    prohibits all public employees from strking.
2.    requires a minimum level of contribution for health insurance.
3.    ends binding arbitration for public safety employees (we were
prohibited from striking already, so had binding arbitration).
4.    does not allow collective bargaining for anything but wages.
5.    if there is no agreement on wages, the government can just enact their
last offer, take it or leave it.

I presume the Liberals will win the next election, hands down.

The governor says that once he finishes balancing the budget by slashing the
payroll and anything that isnt a giveaway to big business, his next order of
business is to reduce taxes.    And I am in big business and I think the guy
is absurd.

Thompson, what planet are you on?

Howard

From: "David Thompson" <dthom5303@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I place the blame squarely on the liberals.  They promise and promise and
> promise and get elected.  Then when the bill comes, they look for someone
> else to pay it.  That will no longer be tolerated by the taxpayers.  Guess
> who have to suffer?  Us, the municipal employees.

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997